Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My first Challenge Submission

Sorry for the crooked look....that is just an optical illusion from the photography....lol
Everything is really straight in the layout itself
 
The Cricut FANatics have posted their first blog challenge today.  The theme is School related.  This is my submission for the contest.  I tried uploading from Snapfish but it says I deleted the picture, I guess the only other thing I can do is make my own blog to link to it.

I'm a little behind on my grandson's school scrapbook so this is a perfect time to get last years school pic on a layout before he's graduating...lol   I have been thinking about this design since the free month of exclusives at cricut.com and the release of the Team Spirit cartridge.  I ordered  the cartridge and it finally arrived so I have been able to finish my layout with the school mascot included.

My favorite part of this layout is that he's old enough to write so I printed questions on a 4x6 index card and had him write the answers.  This will really be fun to look at as he gets older to see how his writing, career choices and friends may change throughout the years.  He and I occasionally talk about how things were when I was in school, the little writing on the bottom of the card gives some trivia about how much breakfast, lunch and milk cost, when popcorn day was and the cost....and a little info about a field trip to Safetyville (he broke his finger on the bus trip home from Safetyville).  

I'm hoping to keep more up-to-date on his School Scrapbook in the future.  I liked the index card so much I'm thinking of creating a couple with the months listed and having him write something he learned each month...that would make a cute flip-book.

Thanks for looking,

Freda

No comments:

Post a Comment