Thursday, April 25, 2013

Using My Tim Holtz Sutff....my first projects....

I cannot believe the weather....70 one day snowing the next....Well that's Michigan for ya.....lol

Since I couldn't get back outside and work I decided to play with my Tim Holtz stuff....This is my take on a tag I liked on Scrapbook.com.  (Click here to see the original tag)


 
 
Dang, I forgot to put the "wire smoke" on the little green house...I'll have to do that soon....  The flower at the top was colored using the enamel technique and the melting pot (put a Melting Pot Project Craft sheet in an empty melting pot...preheat to Utee setting...place metal object on craft sheet allow to heat up for a bit...sprinkle with embossing powders and watch the magic happen.  When the embossing powder has melted lift the craft sheet by wings and set aside to cool) ...I love how it makes these metal embellishments look.  Tim Holtz's embossing powders are solid colors all the way through, some other brands are white core so they give a mottled appearance when they melt.  The green on my leaves were done with a white core embossing powder....LOVE IT!!!
 
 
 
 
The metal embellishments were added once I decided the card needed a little something more...the flowers on the deer don't match to well...so I'll take a post it note and slide it under the bottom layer of petals and color them with a distress marker until they are better matched...  The deer were cut from grunge paper, inked with distress ink in Vintage Photo and quickly covered with gold Perfect Pearls...I'm thinking their edges need a little more "inking" so they stand out a little more from the tag. 
 
I don't think this is too shabby for my first card...it can only get better from here....right!!!
 
 
I couldn't sleep so about 4 this morning I got up and started working on this project...I saw a podcast on ITunes from Scrap Time...it was episode #845.  She was putting together a Make n Take she had gotten from Tim Holtz at this year's CHA.  One of these days I'll have to go to a CHA show...that would be heavenly....
 
Here's my take on using the a New Cabinet Card for a home d├ęcor project....(once again, I didn't have some things they used, so I made due with what I had)...
 
 
My favorite feature on this piece is the filmstrip...I heated the ends with a heat gun then curled them ...the neat thing about the film strip is that if I didn't like how it looked when it cooled I just heated it again and it would straighten right out....I think I heated each side 2-3 times before I liked the way it looked...
 
 
Well that's all for today...I'm off to the grocery store....
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
Freda
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment